Welcome to Vivid: Expressions of Intense ColorThis Artists' Group of Charlestown Spring 2022 Exhibition is ALL ABOUT COLOR. Deep value, vibrance, saturation. We are ready for you Spring! All media, 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts, are eligible. Any form of representation, (realism, abstraction, and everything in between) are eligible. IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Submission Dates: Now through March 14th, 2022
- Exhibition Dates: March 25th - April 10th, 2022
- Eligible Media: 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts.
- Selection Results: Posted on AGC website no later than 5:00 PM on March 16th.
- Artwork Drop-off: All accepted artwork must be dropped off for hanging between 12:00 PM and 3:00PM on Sunday March 20th via on-line sign up.
- Artwork Pick-up: Immediately after closing of show on Sunday, April 10th from 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM or Monday, April 11th between 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM via on-line sign up, unless arranged with the Gallery Committee.
- Gallery Hours: Opening Evening (no reception) on Friday March 25th at 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, March 26th & 27th and April 2nd & 3rd, 9th & 10th, from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- All submissions must be original - no more than 5 years old, and not shown in a previous AGC exhibition in the past 2 years, and available for purchase.
- Submissions must not exceed 48” on the longest side.
- ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS ONLY through www.artistsgroupofcharlestown.com/exhibit-submissions/
- Digital images requirements of 1200 pixels at the largest dimension and display at 300 dpi.
- All digital images must be sent in the following format: Lastname_Firstname_Title.jpg (for example Hopper_Edward_MorningSun.jpg).
- Submission Fee for AGC Members is $30; Fee for non-AGC Entrants* is $45. Up to 4 pieces may be submitted.
- The submission fee is non-refundable and is due upon submission of artwork images or pieces.
- All WORK MUST BE GALLERY READY AND 2D WORKS WIRED FOR HANGING. SAWTOOTH HANGERS, OR CLIP FRAMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Artwork must be labeled: artist name, title of work, and medium.
*Please consider becoming an ACG member. Go to www.artistsgroupofcharlestown.com/application/ to find out more about the benefits of membership.
All sales will be through the AGC with a 25% commission paid. All sales will be recorded, and proceeds are generally paid to the artists within 2 weeks of show’s completion.
For more information, or to volunteer to help with the exhibition, contact the Gallery Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org subject line Spring Exhibition 2022.
MFA Boston, Call To Artists/Artist Project Opportunity - Deadline Jan 21, 2022
The project deadline to apply is January 21st, 2022.
Artist Info session is this coming Wednesday, December 8th, 6-7:30 pm,
and Saturday, January 8th, 10-11:30 am.
Our Past Year
For over twenty years, the AGC has typically held seasonal gallery shows and a public outdoor event. Exhibition submissions are accepted for each of these shows through open calls to artists in the community.
During the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the AGC continued its efforts to serve the Charlestown community while our seasonal gallery shows and events were forced to cancel. The AGC received generous support from both within AGC membership and from the community in raising over $7,000 for the Gallery Fund Campaign during the pandemic (Click here for article in Charlestown Patriot Bridge September 9, 2020). In addition, the AGC received a City of Boston Mayor’s Office of Arts & Culture COVID-19 Relief Grant. The AGC made improvements to the gallery during the 2020 closures, such as hanging a dedication plaque, installing a new hanging system, and re-painting the gallery.
As we now explore the way forward, we are so grateful to our friends, neighbors and community. Thank you.
The StoveFactory Gallery is available and able to hold and host some types of events during the backdrop of COVID-19. When the City of Boston is in the re-opening Phases One and Two, the gallery must close. When the City of Boston is in Phase Three, the gallery can open with certain safety measures in place. For example, during Phase Three the StoveFactory Gallery hosted a show of photography, "Through Our Eyes," a project by Christ Church Charlestown. (Click here for article in Charlestown Patriot Bridge October 15, 2020). The AGC will hold more future events in full compliance with the state's mandates and in accordance with the Phases of re-opening in the City of Boston.
Please continue to visit this page for future open calls to artists.