Light and Shadow: Bringing Artwork To Life focuses on the behavior of light on subject matter, its shadow, and how this relationship renders depth, dimension and drama as a result.
All media, 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts, are eligible. Any form of representation (realism, abstraction, and everything in between) are eligible.
- Submission Dates: Through March 21st 2023 at midnight.
- Exhibition Dates: March 31st (opening reception 5:00 – 8:00 PM) – April 16th, 2023
- Eligible Media: 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts.
- Selection Results: Participants will be notified via email no later than 10:00 PM on March 24th.
- Artwork Drop-off: All accepted artwork must be dropped off for hanging from 11:00 PM - 2:00PM on Sunday March 26th, or 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM on Monday March 27th via on-line sign up.
- Artwork Pick-up: Immediately after closing of show on Sunday, April 16thfrom 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM or Monday, April 17th between 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM via on-line sign up, unless arranged with the Gallery Committee.
- Gallery Hours: Opening Evening Reception on Friday March 31stat 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, April 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th, and 15th & 16th, from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Go HERE to submit your work!!!
Our Past Year
For over twenty years, the AGC has typically held seasonal gallery shows and a public outdoor event. Exhibition submissions are accepted for each of these shows through open calls to artists in the community.
During the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the AGC continued its efforts to serve the Charlestown community while our seasonal gallery shows and events were forced to cancel. The AGC received generous support from both within AGC membership and from the community in raising over $7,000 for the Gallery Fund Campaign during the pandemic (Click here for article in Charlestown Patriot Bridge September 9, 2020). In addition, the AGC received a City of Boston Mayor’s Office of Arts & Culture COVID-19 Relief Grant. The AGC made improvements to the gallery during the 2020 closures, such as hanging a dedication plaque, installing a new hanging system, and re-painting the gallery.
As we now explore the way forward, we are so grateful to our friends, neighbors and community. Thank you.
The StoveFactory Gallery is available and able to hold and host some types of events during the backdrop of COVID-19. When the City of Boston is in the re-opening Phases One and Two, the gallery must close. When the City of Boston is in Phase Three, the gallery can open with certain safety measures in place. For example, during Phase Three the StoveFactory Gallery hosted a show of photography, "Through Our Eyes," a project by Christ Church Charlestown. (Click here for article in Charlestown Patriot Bridge October 15, 2020). The AGC will hold more future events in full compliance with the state's mandates and in accordance with the Phases of re-opening in the City of Boston.
Please continue to visit this page for future open calls to artists.